Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti-Citizen Charter
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational
residential schools primarily for the children from rural areas which aim at :
* To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure and physical education to the talented children from the rural areas. Students in the Navodaya Vidyalayas are admitted in Class-VI and provided education upto Class-XII. Now provision is made for lateral entry of students in Class-IX & XI also.
* To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
* To serve in each district as focal point for improvement in the quality of school education through sharing of experience and facilities.
* We envisage identification and development of talented bright and gifted children predominantly from rural areas who are denied good educational opportunities.
* Objectives of quality education are sought to be fulfilled through effective academic, co-curricular and adventure activities, physical education, reasonable level of competency in three languages.
* We aim at the respective districts as focal points for improving quality of education through sharing of experience and facilities with continuous interaction with local community and helping these institutions to develop as centres of academic excellence.
* Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is a registered Society under Registration of Societies Act, 1860. TheÂ Society is an autonomous body under the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Human Resouce Development, Govt. of India, Honâ€™ble Minister of Human Resource Development is the Chairman and Honâ€™ble Minister of State of Human Resource Development (Education) is the Vice-Chairman of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
* JNVs are functioning at the district level through the Vidyalaya Management Committee under the Chairmanship of District Collector, in all the participating States & Union Territories of the country.
What we do
* Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
* We provide free education including boarding and
* Reservation of seats-Rural at least 75%, Urban Utmost 25%.
* Provision of reservation of seats for girls – 33%.
* Establish and run fully residential co-educational schools from Class-VI to XII.
* Extend medical and health facilities to all the students free of cost.
* Organise Parent Teacher Council and conduct their periodical meetings.
* Provide admission in Class-VI only through objective type test designed and conducted by
CBSE in the concerned district. Provision is also made for lateral entry of students of Class-IX & XI level.
* 30% of students in Class-IX from a Vidyalaya located in one linguistic area spend one academic year in a Vidyalaya of a different linguistic region to promote national integration through understanding of the diversity and plurality of countryâ€™s culture and people.
* Organise Computer Literacy and Computer Aided Education Programmes.
* Organise National Integration Meet for its students in order to create a climate for better understanding and communication in the Navodaya fraternity.
We aim at
* Providing quality education to the children.
* Developing harmonious growth of the personality of the children through variety of co-curricular activities.
* Creating the environment to bring out the best among the teachers and students.
* Adopt modern education techniques – external and internal accountability, effective leadership, linkages with the local community.
* Art in Education programmes to provide opportunities for students to inculcate nationalistic values through sharing and learning traditional skills and art with the help of renowned traditional artists.
* Built-in-mechanism of self-reliance, self-evaluation, character, rigour and discipline in academic pursuit.
* Freedom of experimentation and innovation.
* Admission in Navodaya Vidyalayas are made at the level of Class-VI through a test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on all India basis. However, provision is also made for lateral entry of students in Class-IX & XI.
* The medium of the test is in 20 Indian languages. It is non-verbal and objective in nature and is so designed that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without suffering from any disadvantage.
* All the children who have studied and passed Class-V from any Govt. School/Govt. recognised School of that district and are between 9 and 13 years of age are eligible to appear in entrance test for Class-VI.