OBJECTIVES OF NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA
The Navodya Vidyalaya System is a unique experimental unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and elsewhere. Its significance lies in the selection of talented rural children as the target group and the attempt to provide qualitative education comparable to the best in a residential school system. The National Policy on Education 1986 envisaged the setting up of residential schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas that would bring out the best of rural talent.
- To serve the objectives of excellence coupled with equity and social justice.
- To promote national integration by providing opportunities to talented children, largely rural from different part of the country to leave and learn together and develop their full potential.
- To provide good quality modern education, including the strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education.
- To ensure that all students of Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competence in three language as envisaged in the three language formula; and
- To serve, in each district, as focal point for improvement in quality of school education through sharing of experiences and facilities.